By now you have probably heard of the “OBAMACARE SUBSIDIES”, the health insurance premium assistance available to individuals and families. ObamaCare affects everyone; this is not a plan like other government programs such as Medicaid, Medi-Cal or Welfare. A family of 4 earning $95,000 a year can qualify for premium assistance.
It is estimated that approximately 48% of adults applying for health insurance in 2014 received an Obama Care Subsidy and an average family subsidy is estimated to be $5,500 per year. These are only estimates; however under Health Care Reform (aka Obamacare) people earning less than 400% below the poverty line will qualify for a health insurance subsidy. Subsidy calculators and registration are available through this website or by calling (800) 783-0802.
Open Enrollment – Register Today
A health insurance subsidy exchange is a place where health insurance is bought and sold. The “subsidy exchanges” will be the only places where Americans can get a federal subsidy to help to offset the price of their health insurance premium, also known as “ObamaCare Subsidy”. States may create their own exchange or join the National exchange network. The California Health Exchange is called Covered California. If your state decides not to operate its own exchange you may participate in an exchange offered by a government federal exchange program.
ObamaCare will also provide small businesses the opportunities to purchase their health insurance in an exchange and in California through its Covered California State Exchange.
Health Insurance Plan Benefits
If you apply for health insurance premium assistance – subsidy plans purchase health insurance through a health insurance exchange, you will be able to choose health coverage that is best suited for you and your family. Each of the health plans to be offered will include an “essential set of benefits” that provide comprehensive health care services with different levels of cost sharing.
The different benefit categories will include: (ObamaCare Subsidy most common in the Silver plan)
- Bronze Plan: provides essential health benefits and pays for 60% of the costs of the plan with the HSA out-of-pocket limits (least expensive)
- Silver Plan: provides essential health benefits and pays for 70% of the costs of the plan with the HSA out-of-pocket limits
- Gold Plan: provides the essential health benefits and pays for 80% of the costs of the plan with the HSA out-of-pocket limits
- Platinum Plan: provides the essential health benefits and pays for 90% of the costs of the plan with the HSA out-of-pocket limits. (most expensive)
- Catastrophic Plan: available to those up to age 30 or to those who are exempt from the mandate to purchase coverage
Let QuoteBroker Insurance Services Health Insurance Subsidy certified agents determine whether or not you qualify for Obamacare subsidies – call today at (800) 783-0802