Everyone benefits from having quality and affordable health insurance. With the average cost of a three-day hospital stay priced at $30,000, it doesn’t make sense to gamble not having health insurance — particularly if you can find it at an affordable price. Additionally – “it’s the law – you must have health insurance” as described in the Affordable Care Act
QuoteBroker Insurance Services offers free Covered California Exchange quotes and will assist you to can see if you are eligible for low-cost or no-cost Medi-Cal or for financial assistance to help cover the cost of a monthly premium for a Covered California health insurance plan. QuoteBroker has Affordable Care Act experts that will help you choose the best plan that best meets your family’s financial situation and health needs.
For Individuals and Families
Covered California Exchange will help individuals compare and choose a health plan that works best for their health needs and their budget. To make sure all your questions are answered, Covered California is providing information and assistance so you can wisely choose your new health insurance.
We all know that health insurance can bring peace of mind and is a smart investment but many of us are concerned about the cost. Financial assistance is available to help lower costs for people who qualify based on income. The amount of any financial assistance will be determined on a sliding scale, which means the lower your income, the more help you may receive. To get an estimate of how much insurance will cost you and learn if you qualify for assistance, please call QuoteBroker at (800) 783-0802.
What does health insurance cover?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires that all health insurance plans offered in the individual and small-group markets must provide a comprehensive package of items and services, known as essential health benefits. These benefits fit into the following 10 categories:
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency services.
- Maternity and newborn care.
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment.
- Prescription drugs.
- Rehabilitative and facilitative services and devices.
- Laboratory services.
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management.
- Pediatric services, including dental and vision care.
The requirement for insurance plans to offer essential health benefits is just one of many changes in health coverage that occurred in 2014.
How do I choose a health plan?
Finding the right health insurance at the best price can be a daunting task. Through our QuoteBroker.com website we can help you shop and compare all available health insurance plans, both on and off exchange. In 2014 health insurance plans sold to individuals and small businesses are classified as one of the four levels of coverage: Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum. In addition to those four levels of coverage, a minimum coverage plan is available to those who are younger than 30 or can provide certification that they are without affordable coverage or are experiencing hardship.
This system makes it easier to compare plans among companies. You can choose to pay a higher monthly premium for a Platinum or Gold plan so that when you need medical coverage you pay less. Or you can choose to pay a lower monthly premium for a Silver or Bronze plan, but when you need medical coverage, you pay more. Subsidies may also be available to help you and your family.
How much will health insurance cost my family and me?
Many people who want health insurance are concerned about the rising cost of premiums. Individuals seeking health coverage may get help to afford it in three different ways:
- Medi-Cal assistance: California has expanded its Medicaid program (called Medi-Cal in California). It covers people under age 65, including people with disabilities, with incomes of $16,105 or less. This coverage is free for those who qualify and is part of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act.
- Premium assistance, aka Health Insurance Subsidies: ObamaCare Subsidies are offered through the federal government to help reduce the cost of health coverage for individuals and families who meet certain income requirements and who do not have affordable health insurance from an employer or a government program that meets minimum coverage requirements. When you enroll in a health insurance plan offered through Covered California, insurance subsidy – premium assistance can be immediately applied, which reduces the amount you pay each month. To find out more about premium assistance and how the sliding scale works based on your income, call QuoteBrokers Covered California Certified Insurance agents at (800) 783-0802.
- Cost-sharing subsidies: Cost-sharing subsidies reduce the out-of-pocket amount of health care expenses an individual or family has to pay. These expenses might include copayments for health care services or other costs you pay when you get services.
QuoteBroker employs several Covered California Certified agents to help you make the right decision. Call us today at (800) 783-0802.